We are always looking out for new talents to join our team. Interested in working at the forefront of developing novel arenavirus-based treatment options for cancer patients? See below for our current job ads.
Senior Scientist Bioprocess Development (m/f/d), full-time
- Develop and implement innovative up- and downstream process technologies for efficient manufacturing of arenaviruses
- Cultivate mammalian cells in bioreactors; propagate, concentrate and purify virus-based biologics, develop active live virus formulations
- Actively participate in the design and development, as well as characterization and validation of analytical methods
- Actively support the transfer of process technologies from bench to pilot scale to external contract manufacturing organizations (CMO)
- Develop and maintain corresponding SOPs and batch-specifications. Write project and study plans and sound scientific reports, including data presentation and discussion in project review teams
- Work in close collaboration with other project teams and external partners; scientific presentation of work in project meetings and on scientific conferences
- Train and supervise technical staff
- PhD in Biotechnology, Bioengineering or equivalent, preferably with at least 3 years of PostDoc or industry experience
- Profound expertise in manufacturing of virus-based biologics, particularly in downstream processing; special knowledge in preparative chromatography and tangential-flow filtration is an asset
- Used to work proactively with hands-on approach in a highly entrepreneurial environment; scientific project management experience is an advantage
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills willing to work in a company where own initiatives and empowering combined with accountability is highly supported
- The position requires excellent English communication skills, both spoken and written
- Safe handling of MS-Office
This function provides the unique opportunity to actively participating in the early development of novel virus-based cancer therapies until testing in patients. We offer a responsible and versatile occupation with professional perspective in an expanding and enthusiastic team and a competitive salary package.
If you’re interested in working for us, please apply online and provide your application documents along with the relevant credentials and certificates. Constares GmbH advises Abalos Therapeutics on this job posting.